Web Application Firewall
Your growing application portfolio is providing new and engaging experiences for your customers. That means more data to protect.
As you diversify your tech stack and cloud platforms to increase speed to market, you need active protection instead of passive signatures. You need coverage that provides granular, application-specific defense without a lot of effort. Legacy rules-based Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) weren’t built for modern tech. A next-gen approach is needed.Request a Demo View Architecture Diagram
Our next-gen WAF is designed to protect the modern web.
Deploys in under an hour
Compatible with servers, hybrid, on-prem, serverless and more
Covers more than OWASP injection attacks
Doesn’t block legitimate customer traffic
95% of customers in full blocking mode
Useful to entire organizations, not just security teams
No tuning required
Adds almost no latency
Requires no dedicated headcount
Cloud WAF: Easy, Powerful Web Layer Security
Signal Sciences offers several flexible deployment options that secure your apps wherever they operate. And now with Cloud WAF, it’s never been easier to protect your web layer assets quickly and effectively. With just a DNS record change, Signal Sciences Cloud WAF provides superior detection and blocking capabilities to safeguard all your applications, APIs and microservices.
- No agents to deploy and manage: all web requests are directed to Signal Sciences Cloud Engine where our hosted agents inspect and block malicious requests and forward the good traffic to the customer’s application origin
- Effective protection: 95% of customers use Signal Sciences in full blocking mode
- Deploys in minutes, not days or months: fast time to value for busy security and DevOps teams
- Actionable insights and alerts: a single management console and extensive DevOps tool integrations create fast feedback loops
Signal Sciences delivers more.
Reliable, automated blocking
- Runs directly in your web servers or application code
- Fail-open architecture keeps your site running fast
- Proprietary SmartParse detection requires no tuning or maintenance
Any platform, one UI
- Functions anywhere: in containers, on-prem, or in the cloud
- One unified view across your entire footprint
- Protects and monitors both internal and external services
Coverage against all threats
- Immediate blocking of common OWASP attacks
- Meets PCI 6.6 compliance requirements, but doesn't stop there
- Blocks account takeovers, bad bots, application denial of service, and more
All vendors should take a leaf out of the Signal Sciences Professional Services Team's book; they provide great value and were able to help us accelerate securing our applications much faster than we could on our own.
Senior Software Engineer
It’s refreshing to work with a security product that not only provides exceptional security benefits, but also prioritizes performance, reliability, and overall operational manageability.
We selected Signal Sciences because it just worked. We didn’t want to divert internal resources to maintain coverage by tuning security controls. Nearly a year later, we still don’t have to worry about it. Signal Sciences seamlessly integrated into our toolset, while giving us realtime security visibility—without the noise.
Senior Technical Architect & Developer
We have always proactively prioritized security at One Medical. We wanted better visibility into our application layer, which is what led us to choose Signal Sciences.
Jérémie Meyer de Ville
Senior Engineering Manager
We chose Signal Sciences because wanted a service that was easy to integrate into our stack and had protection against common attacks.
Signal Sciences pulls out needles from the haystack in one quick view, and it integrates with all of our ChatOps tooling—it’s powerful. I don’t have to be a security expert to understand what’s going on.
Director of IT & Operations
Signal Sciences has given us confidence in our application security posture especially for current and future acquisitions. Their architecture and install process make it seamless to start receiving real-time attack telemetry so that we can prioritize our defensive efforts based on actual attacks.