Signal Sciences, the fastest growing web application security company in the world, today announced the addition of Cloud WAF to its award-winning, modern Web application firewall (WAF) and runtime application self-protection (RASP) solution. With no installation required, Signal Sciences Cloud WAF gives businesses instant visibility and protection for their most critical web applications, APIs, and microservices from real attacks and threat scenarios in a matter of minutes. Unique to Signal Sciences, enterprises can choose from the most flexible menu of deployment options on any cloud, any container, any PaaS and any IaaS, with full feature parity across deployments and a unified management system.
Web application attacks continue to be the most common attack vector for data breaches, according to Verizon’s 2019 Data Breach Investigations Report. The report found that half of organizations take months or longer to discover breaches. With attackers leveraging persistent attack methods across an ever widening attack surface, enterprises need proactive, automated application security and visibility to stop web attacks before a breach starts.
“Advanced web application attacks are on the rise. Application security solutions that provide superior detection and protection for all modern application architectures with minimal configuration, tuning, and management are highly appealing to enterprises,” said Daniel Kennedy, research director at 451 Research. “Signal Sciences fits this bill, and its Cloud WAF provides a powerful deployment option and the flexibility that many enterprise seek today.”
“With enterprise architectures coming in more shapes and sizes than ever, flexible deployment is critically important,” said Darrell Arms, architect at Tevora. “Signal Sciences has always been at the forefront of industry-leading solutions that are purpose-built for today’s companies, and this offering is no different. Signal Sciences Cloud WAF is the only modern WAF that helps organizations operate more efficiently by allowing security teams to focus on higher value tasks, and enabling developers to deploy quickly within the CI/CD process, without constraints. It is incredibly exciting for customers.”
Fast and easy to implement, Signal Sciences Cloud WAF protects cloud-native, legacy and serverless applications regardless of where they’re hosted. With just a simple DNS change, businesses route all web requests to the Signal Sciences Cloud Engine for monitoring and decision-making. Customers access actionable insights through a single, intuitive dashboard and leverage DevOps tool integrations just as they would with any other Signal Sciences deployment option.
Signal Sciences Cloud WAF Key Benefits:
- No installation or maintenance: Enterprises gain superior web app layer protection with a quick DNS change.
- Effective protection: Ninety-five percent of customers use Signal Sciences live in production with automated blocking powered by its patented SmartParse technology, which accurately inspects, detects, and blocks malicious web requests without signatures or rules tuning.
- Deployment in minutes, not days or months: Averaging less than one hour, Signal Sciences Cloud WAF deploys faster than legacy WAF solutions – which can take weeks or months to install – to increase operational efficiency and provide rapid time-to-value for businesses.
- Protection for any application hosted anywhere: Signal Sciences covers cloud, container, on-premise, and hybrid environments
- Full feature parity across deployment options: Cloud WAF includes all the same detection and protection capabilities as Signal Sciences’ other deployment methods, including actionable insights, reporting, and DevOps tool integrations.
- Unified management: Actionable information and key metrics for any deployment are accessible through a single centralized interface, unlike legacy WAF solutions that require enterprises to login to multiple management portals.
“We’re excited for what Signal Sciences Cloud WAF offers enterprises, particularly those that have lived through the cumbersome and lengthy installation and maintenance processes of legacy WAF solutions,” said Hala Al-Adwan, vice president of technology at Signal Sciences. “Now security and DevOps teams can protect all of their web layer assets across distributed infrastructure quickly and easily, and benefit from the flexibility and deployment options they need to stay ahead of security threats and operate more efficiently at scale.”
Signal Sciences Cloud WAF Availability
Signal Sciences Cloud WAF is now available. More information is available at: https://www.signalsciences.com/waf-web-application-firewall/cloud-waf/
About Signal Sciences
Signal Sciences is the fastest growing web application security company in the world. With its award-winning next-gen WAF and RASP solution, Signal Sciences protects over 15,000 applications and over a trillion production requests per month. Signal Sciences’ patented architecture provides organizations working in a modern development environment with comprehensive and scalable threat protection and security visibility. The company works with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, like Under Armour, Adobe and WeWork, across industries, including five of the top ecommerce companies, five of the largest software companies, in addition to many others in the financial services, retail, healthcare, media and entertainment, and government sectors. Signal Sciences is the recipient of InfoWorld’s Technology of the Year and Computing’s DevOps Excellence Award for Best DevOps Security Tool. For more information, visit Signal Sciences or follow @SignalSciences.
Director of Communications, Signal Sciences
Matter Communications for Signal Sciences