Signal Sciences Cloud WAF
Quickly and easily protect web applications, APIs and microservices without dedicating headcount or additional resources
Protecting applications wherever they operate—cloud, on-premise, or hybrid environments—requires security and development teams to prioritize headcount, budget, and time. They must balance these needs while safeguarding digital assets at the web layer, yet they often lack in-house expertise to install and manage a WAF or other application security tools. They need a web application security solution that:
- Deploys in minutes, not weeks or months
- Requires no additional headcount
- Seamlessly protects both cloud and legacy applications
Cloud WAF: Easy Deployment for Web Protection that Scales
With a single change to a DNS record, web requests are routed to the Signal Sciences Cloud WAF to inspect and decision on those requests and block bad requests. Our unique solution provides robust detection and protection capabilities no matter where your organization’s applications operate or how rapidly they scale. No complex software installation or agents are required, so security and development teams can focus on high-value work and releasing code often to innovate.
How Cloud WAF Works
Our patented next-gen WAF technology provides advanced protection capabilities that provide precise web request instrumentation and context to stop any attack against any app deployed in any infrastructure—all without complex software installation. With a DNS change, all web requests are redirected to agents running in the Signal Sciences Cloud Engine where bad requests are detected and blocked. All good, legitimate traffic is forwarded to the customer’s application origin server.
With a single management console, security and development teams get clear actionable insights without digging through several different interfaces. Integrations with DevOps tools like Slack, PagerDuty and Jira provide real-time alerting your team needs to stay ahead of the adversary.
Key Product Capabilities
- No agents to deploy and manage: superior web app layer protection with just a DNS change
- Effective protection: 95% of customers use Signal Sciences in full blocking mode
- Deploys in minutes, not days or months: deploys on average under an hour
- Protect your applications no matter where you host them: cloud, containers, on-premise or hybrid environments
- Full feature parity: provides the same detection and protection capabilities of other Signal Sciences deployment methods with the same actionable insights, reporting and DevOps tool integrations.
- Single management console: get actionable information and key metrics quickly in a single centralized interface, unlike legacy WAF vendors who force you to login into multiple tools to gain visibility.